What can I do online?
Using the account management features of the Charlotte School of Law Library catalog, you can do any of the following online:
• View a list of the items currently checked out to you and their due dates
• Renew eligible items
• Check the status of hold requests
• See a summary of unpaid fines and bills
• Access and edit your list of saved searches, which can include e-mail alerts
Navigating to Your Record
The catalog is accessible from the Charlotte School of Law’s home page (http://www.charlottelaw.edu). From the links on the left side of the page, click the “Law Library.” When the menu expands, select the “Library Catalog” link. When you click on this link, you will arrive at the Charlotte School of Law online catalog home page (http://catalog.fcsl.edu/search~S3/). You can also go directly to the online catalog page, by bookmarking the preceding URL. To get to your account management tools, select the “My library record” link on the right hand side of the page.
Once you click on the “My library record” link, you will open a patron verification screen. Please enter your name and library barcode (found on the flip side of you student ID). Submit the entry.
You will then arrive at your account summary page.
How to Renew Online
• Once logged in, click on the link “# items currently checked out” to view a list of them. If you wish, click the button for “Sort by Due Date.”
• Click “Renew All,” or check individual items and then click “Renew Selected.”
If your materials are eligible for renewal, the Status column will update to read “Renewed, now due mm/dd/yy.”
• If you have placed a request for a new item or a checked-out item, you will see a link to “# requests (holds).” Click on it to view more information.
• The Request List will show the items and their current status. You may either “Cancel All” requests at once, or check individual items and click “Cancel Selected.”
Fines & Bills
• If you have any unpaid fines and fees, you will see a link to “$x.xx in unpaid fines and bills” on the account summary page. Click on it to view more information.
• The next screen will show a list of the charges and the items for which they were incurred. At this time, there is no capability to pay fines and fees online. Please check with the Circulation Desk for methods of payment.