Just as a reminder, LexisNexis and Westlaw provide only limited access to students during the summer between late June and August 1st. However, students wishing to use their LexisNexis and Westlaw student accounts for a qualifying academic purpose may register to extend their access through the summer. If you did not request an extension from Westlaw or LexisNexis, your access will be denied. Full access for continuing, non-graduating students will be restored on August 1st. LexisNexis and Westlaw strictly prohibit the use of student accounts for commercial purposes.
LexisNexis Summer Access
Lexis passwords can be extended for academic purposes over the summer at the Law School welcome screen. Choose Account Help > Manage My Account > Summer Access Registration.
You must certify one of the following academic purposes to be granted full summer access:
- Class preparation and assignments;
- Research associated with moot court or law review/law journal;
- Research associated with pursuing a grant or scholarship;
- Service as a research assistant to a professor (either paid or unpaid);
- An unpaid internship, externship or clinic position for school credit;
- Clerkship for credit; or
- Bar review.
If you do not register for summer access, your LexisNexis student ID will be limited to career materials as of June 30th. Graduating students may extend their accounts to August 1st. Graduating students whose employment has been deferred or who are pursuing public interest employment should considering applying for access through the LexisNexis ASPIRE program.
If you have any questions about LexisNexis summer access, please contact LexisNexis Technical Support at 800 45 LEXIS (53947)
Westlaw Summer Access
Summer access to Westlaw can be requested online at: http://lawschool.westlaw.com/registration/SummerExtension.aspx.
You may extend your Westlaw student password for summer use for the following academic purposes:
- Summer law school classes (use for law review competition, written work requirement, LLM paper or SJD dissertation);
- Law review or journal work;
- Project for a law school professor;
- Moot Court
- Unpaid non-profit public interest internship/externship or pro bono work required for graduation (does not include courts and government agencies).
If you have any questions about Westlaw summer access, please contact Westlaw Technical Support at 1-800-Westlaw.
- Lyn Batty -